Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A great read about bionic implants from an actual user. My Bionic Quest for Bolero. One of my favorite parts are
"So in mid-2002, nine months after activation, I upgraded to a program called Hi-Res, which gave me 16 channels - double the resolution! An audiologist plugged my processor into her laptop and uploaded the new code. I suddenly had a better ear, without surgery. In theory, I would now be able to distinguish among tones five notes apart instead of 11."
and
"My hearing is no longer limited by the physical circumstances of my body. While my friends' ears will inevitably decline with age, mine will only get better."

Soon my brethren of the Church of Body Mod. Soon our capabilities will only depend on how quickly we can adjust. Will you join us? Will you fall to the side? We will no longer be human. Will you still love us? Will you still accept us? Do you accept us now?

And the Catholic Saint of Data Integrity?

No comments: